9/17/14

jewelry displays









I have been on a jewelry display making spree and having a most fun and challenging time of it.  Challenging because I am still more of a novice than not when it comes to welding.  The hardest part about welding (to me at least) is figuring out HOW to hold things together so I can then weld it.  When you weld the wire and heat pushes the metal and I have a hell of a time getting things to stay put that are 'balanced' such as the horizontal pipe/bars that I use in my necklace and bracelet stands.  I find more often than not I am having to take it apart, clean it up and start all over again until I get it right.  One of those love hate things.  Learning...and seeing how much more there is to stumble upon and realizing how powerful it is to be able to put things together that I couldn't have done with epoxy.

Slowly but surely I am listing my jewelry display pieces on etsy.  Here is my jewelry stand section: jewelry + stands.

I especially like the little ring holders that I am making out of deer shed horns.  Some of the horns look like long fingers and I think its just a cool way to display/store rings.  My odd fascination with nuts and bolts gets a chance to express itself in the jewelry stands/holders.  One minute I think this is so simple and any monkey could do it and then I think holy cow I am making the coolest thing on the planet.  Best to just keep making things and let those thoughts float off and disperse.


7 comments:

Lisa Fulton said...

Paula! Glad to see a new blogspot post from you. The stands and the jewelry look great. All your stuff on etsy looks good. As always, you give a new meaning to the phrase "one of a kind".

paula said...

lisa! thank you :) you are probably the only person who has visited my blog hahaha. appreciate your interest/encouragement as always!!! hope you are well and still creating...i have been self absorbed and not looking much outside of my own working world

Kim Hambric said...

Very cool -- all of them. I think my faves are the same as yours -- those ring holders. Beautifully dangerous. Or would that be dangerously beautiful?

paula said...

thank you kim. i suppose you could poke an eye out if you were being attacked.....i like that you like them. appreciate your visit...blogs are like a hairless cat these days.

sarala said...

Paula, these are great! I hope you are well.

nancy john said...

I don't wear much jewelry, but I love just about every piece you posted! My favorites are the hand-stamped ring, the & necklace.. and if I were a mom, I would absolutely want the necklace with my kids' handwriting.

FAMOUS DIAMONDS

paula said...

i didnt make the rings but thanks :)