9/15/12

found object necklace

reflector found object copper necklace


backside




have i really been dabbling in making pendant type necklaces for a year?  i believe i have.  i havent made many.  under a dozen i believe.  there aren't that many objects i come across that i think would make a good necklace.  i've never been a jewelry wearer...until i started making my own necklaces.  i've kept a few and sold/am selling the rest in my etsy shop.  THIS one...i'm wearing right now.  i feel like i am impervious to life right now.  i'm serious.  i feel pretty pretty special just flitting around my house in my dress and orange necklace.  it took me a few days to come up with the perfect loop thing for the cord to run thru.  i had a big thing there but found when wearing it that it was too large and it didnt allow the necklace to sit flat.  so i had to cut that off and started looking around for what else i could use and realized the strands of copper wire i have would be perfect.  again...took me a few tries of ruining the copper to get this right.  it is simple and to me genius.  i've applied varnish to the back and front of the metal piece and think i'll hold onto it unless someone out there BEGS me to sell it.  it feels priceless at this very moment but i can can be bought. yep. i can.

6 comments:

AnitaNH said...

Way cool, Paula! And orange is so in this year.

paula said...

thanks woman, i dont even like orange :)

Viktoria said...

looks great, really statement!
Perfect for the "non jewelry wearer" !

ArtPropelled said...

a little "gem"

Lisa D. said...

I love this! Orange is my favorite color!

paula said...

:)