7/7/11

totem pole



eleven slices. Totem Pole.  i am officially out of black pipe :(  i have a little blue left...not sure i have that white anymore...BOOHOO.  what am i gonna do if I can't find more colorful pipes that fit together?  mmmmm

well this was good to make.  go out with a bang.  i loaded all my new works on etsy and all but this one have been reserved for purchase.  i think its time to make a few more flowers before coming back to pipe vases.  maybe by then the scrap yard will have some goodies for me.  i do have about 10 more vases to photo/upload on etsy.  some yellow, some lightweight fun red ones....a gorgeous big blue one that is as tall as my tibia.  its the big blue 'roller' that i got a few weeks ago at the scrap yard.  its actually lightweight for such a behemoth.  i wanna keep it awhile, i have a few like that.  my big ones i like having around the house, they make me feel incredibly wealthy.  odd...pipes.  containers.  empty but to me, full of life.
here's a few of my new pieces what are already 'sold' so to speak.  i had a blast making these, they are some of my favorites EVER!







13 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Paula, these are all so divine!! Wish i could scrounge pipes here and send them to you.

Seth said...

These new pieces are stunning and oh so cool. Not at all surprised that they have flown out of your shop!

AnitaNH said...

I love these. They remind me of Tibetan Turquoise and Bronzite!

Viktoria said...

gorgeous, Paula! hope you find lots of new pipes!
This idea of slicing theme is great!

paula said...

thanks you guys!! yeah anita, there is an ancient feel to them to me as well. here's to finding more colorful wonderful pipes!!

Cynthia said...

I am SO excited that I will be adding Totem Pole to my PaulaArt collection! I've been wanting one of the ones made out of pipe slices, and I think this one is your coolest one EVER! Or, I should say -- SO FAR! ;-D

paula said...

thank you my friend...you sure surprised me. and that might be last one hahaa since i can't get my saw to work :(
think how priceless that will become ;)

Margaret Ryall said...

I love these totem poles paula. I've been a lazy blogger lately but these were eye candy for me when I saw the thumbnail, I had to see more. Hope you find more pipe.

paula said...

oh margaret...thank you for telling me that :) now i'm more motivated than ever to get my tools working right, get more pipes...get back to creating more!

Sharmon Davidson said...

Hi Paula! What I hafta say is... how the heck you put these together? Just curious because I love glue and other ways of fastening things to each other. I love these creations- such elegant grunge- make more so i can buy one! I don't know where you find such things, but I do hope you find more.

paula said...

thank you sharmon.
i use jb weld. i like it because it is not toxic like most epoxies.
i should have more in a week or two, still looking for more colorful pipes to replenish my stash! thanks for visiting, nice work to you too ;)

deb said...

these are so amazing, I can only imagine how much work goes into them, wow!

Carla Trujillo said...

Very cool Paula! Love the layers!

I guess Blogger must have fixed my problem!!!!