7/5/11

more a comin



last week on my fan page i posted some of my new work on etsy.  didnt take long for these babies to fly off the shelf!  both are rarities...rare in that i dont normally have the small red pipe that i used to make the tea light candle holders (let alone the patience) , rare that i dont intend to make too many multi sliced vessels like the one above as its hard to find variety of pipe with interesting color that also is the same size and will thus stack properly.  it is exceedingly time consuming and somewhat challenging for me emotionally and physically.  all i can say is had i not bought that dry cut saw earlier this year you wouldnt be seeing these. period.  it cuts down on some of the cleaning grind/time, is faster and it cuts more evenly. that and my new (well at this point 6 month old) grinder, make a huge difference in me getting a better cut and edge.

i did just finish more candle and pencil holders, will be posting them soon on facebook/etsy.  so if you are feeling an itch to nab be on the look out.

i think its almost newsletter time.  so heads up on that one.  my newsletter is only available to people who sign up, i dont post that info anywhere else.  ya wanna know more you gotta sign up.  see my sidebar here or fanpage or website.  aloha

7 comments:

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

...love it when things fly off the shelf--big thumbs up, Paula, and they are BEAUTIES!

Louise said...

You've bee working so hardPaula !
I love the things that fly off the shelfs!

Colleen Kole said...

Really nice to have it fly away. These are beautiful.

steinschmuckdesign said...

Well Paula, no wonder they fly off so fast :)
The red one is so perfect and the stripe one so absolutely unique!!!

jonkenna said...

Just to let you know I read your blog and found it really interesting. I identified with a lot of what you say about being with people/ being alone. I'll come back here regularly. Best of luck with everything.

paula said...

thanks :)

Lisa said...

Beautiful! As always.