5/14/11

dry cut works for me!


last weekend i got out my newish dry cut saw. i've only used it one or two times as a tester so using it for a few hours really let me get the hang of it;  its such an improvement i cannot begin to tell you!  it might not be apparent here but instead of a fine toxic sandy mist of hot metal from my chop saw, this cuts the metal at a slower rpm and uses a $120 steel blade as opposed to the $7 abrasive blades (which I'd go through each time I cut a handful of vases).  my big fear was that i would immediately ruin the blade....thats what i get for reading too many metal forums.  so far so good.  this blade should last me months depending on how much i cut.   you usually get these blades sharpened but this particular brand which believe it or not is on the cheap side...can't really be sharpened. 

cutting is a breeze...and what you get is bigger clumps of metal that easily sweep up.  i dont even have to wear my face mask because there is no more stink.  still metal flying but not nearly as hot and i think my clothes will last longer now that i dont have hot embers flying at me.  also makes for a really clean cut so i dont need to go thru grinder wheels as fast either.  just a fine brushing with the grinder brush in most cases and its burr free. 

so, i'm hoping to get the bottoms cut, ground and put on in the next few days and finish painting the insides of the vases.  had more flower sales this week and my shop is almost empty!  i have 4 new flowers to upload soon as i edit the photos i took last night.  this weekend i hope is all about ME.  i cleaned 8 days in a row, couldn't turn it down because if i didn't do it then someone else would have and i'd be out the buckage.  i was going to clean today but i've decided to just have a me weekend. 

hope you have a you weekend

7 comments:

andrea said...

Now that's what I like to hear! :)

artistsjournal said...

Wow, I'm so happy to hear about your recent sales. Congrats on the big girl tools!

donauluft said...

enjoy your "you weekend" !!!

ArtPropelled said...

Wallow in your "Me Weekend" Paula. Congrats on your sales and the 8 days of work to keep the wolf from the door.

Kim Hambric said...

!!!!!!!!

Hope your YOU weekend was great!

paula said...

well i was one tired lazy blob...did some things but mostly appeared like a lizard on a rock with shallow breathing. work hangover!
thanks for the good wishes...assuming/hoping ya'll had a bang up weekend too!

betsy bensen said...

always sorry to see the end of the weekend come. Glad you got to do what you wanted this weekend, Paula, and with a new tool. Heaven!