4/22/11

let it go


one down one to go.  i gave this, my biggest most expensive piece away today.  i was happy to do so.  i knew i could never sell it online let alone ship it.  its huge.  i have another one same size that is on the gift list next.  i gave it to someone who has horses and works at the office (i deal with her regarding cleaning the apartments), she has been too good to me and put up with my finickiness when it comes to cleaning gross places.  were it not for her i'm sure i wouldn't have that job.  she loves it, really and truly so it is a burden relieved, she will love it and take care of it.

i just listed a few wall pieces on etsy for the lowball price, sale items are being listed here.  i feel good about it all which is the most important thing.  i feel lost right now, i've spent this whole week redoing my loft, now that tod is gone i felt it important to get it changed around and deep cleaned, even if i have to move in a month or two.  moving and heaving my art materials around is a little anxiety producing as i know i really cannot live in a much smaller place without walking over boxes.  i have no idea what to do. what to think. i'm pretty much exhausted from the stress of this year and its only april.  so taking it day by day...

3 comments:

donauluft said...

I totally understand you! I think it is great to give this art piece to someone who really loves it. For her it is a treasure, for you it might be a bar to further proceedings.

Paula, I hope the hard times will turn soon to better for you! Good, taking it day by day!

Teo said...

That's so nice and generous of you, Paula. The piece is fabulous and deserves to be in a place where it's loved. If you're like me, you are cleaning to get rid of stress. I normally do that until I get to tired to think :) I know it may sound futile at the moment but hang in there and try to be more positive even if it's hard. Sending you a big hug!

urbandon (Don Pezzano) said...

You are right- one day at a time. Luckily time has good way of smoothing the past.