2/5/11

newsletter

If you look over there to the right, you will see that I have added a newsletter subscription widget.  I have never had the courage to have a newsletter.  I say courage because I find it challenging to think about sending out a newsletter.  I personally do not care to receive them.  Why?  Well, I like to get my info about the people I like via facebook/blogs and friendly emails.  I get enough emails as it is and newsletters never feel personal.  I need personal.  The one person who sends out a newsletter that I find entertaining is Kelly Moore, he is an outsider artist who keeps it interesting, you never know what you will see/read in his newsletters and even then I usually just click to his website and see whats going on rather than read the newsletter.  I realize I am probably not the norm though.  

I think a few years ago I tried to do the newsletter thing and just bailed.  I never believed that anyone was interested in reading my blather.  Truth be told I did blather.  Now that I am making my living primarily online via etsy instead of galleries, I'd like to think I have more online friends and followers who just might be interested.  I know I have slowed my blogging WAY down and while I use my facebook fan page alot, there isn't really much 'news' there.  So I'm gonna give it another try.  Most probably it will start off one way and morph into another way.  My plan is to send out a newsletter once a month but with no set date.  My goal at the moment is to include links/pictures of works I have available and any interesting news/tidbits about my art world happenings.  I will try to keep it interesting and wont be offended if you unsubscribe.  I am using a free sign up widget and should you desire to unsubscribe at any point I suggest replying to my newsletter with 'unsubscribe' in the subject.  I would much rather you do that than keep subscribing if you feel you don't want updates anymore.  believe me, i get it!

3 comments:

FatQuarterQuiltFarm said...

ok Paula! I'm in!!
How's your news???

paula said...

you'll have to wait and see :)

artistsjournal said...

Done! Can't wait.