1/3/11

one down one to go

okay one down one to go.  just bought a wilton 6" bench grinder on ebay. whoo hooo. i've got some fresh pipe slices cut and waiting for the new grinder to arrive.  next, the dry cut saw, which i am happy to say is going to cost less than i originally thought because i found one that is cheaper and will do more than i had expected (meaning i can cut plastic too).  just needing to get more info on blade types and then i will order that bitch!

i've made/sold two of my new candle holder designs on etsy recently and will have three pencil holders available soon with the same concept in mind.  i think once i get my new tools and learn how to use them i will be more productive and creative with new container/vase ideas.  looking forward to going to the scrap yard and looking for new pipes as well as get my new etsy flower shop going.  I went back to doing some apartment cleaning last week and all my momentum got dislocated.  doing the best i can :)

13 comments:

Kim Hambric said...

If I'm excited about your new tools, I can't imagine how excited you must be.

AnitaNH said...

I can identify with dislocated momentum . . . cool grinder!

paula said...

kim..oddly i'm not excited. i always dread new things because they dont work how i'm used to. ie i finally had to buy a new coffee maker and its just not the same at all ...ya know what i mean? i'll be glad for the better usage but the learning curve i dread.
onward i know...

andrea said...

There is nothing better to get than great new tools/supplies. Enjoy!

collage whirl said...

I love these newfangled pieces of yours! Congrats on purchasing new work equipment--you'll be excited once you start using it!!

Colleen Kole said...

This amazes me that you are afraid of a new tool-you are fearless. I am excited for you, too.

donauluft said...

HaHa, when I bought my plate roll I even did not dare to unpack it for 3 days!
..be brave, you will love it at last!

ArtPropelled said...

Very happy for you, Paula! I understand that feeling... dreading new tools because you have to learn how to use them, which takes time.

paula said...

you get it viktoria, i get it..i do that too :)
thanks for being happy you guys, can't wait to get on with it!

Teo said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you. Hope you get along with it perfectly!!
Ah, and love the new look of your blog :)

paula said...

thank you teo, me too!!! thanks for the blog feedback too :)

Roz Inga said...

oh so THIS is what a blog looks like ;) Hey, I'm going to fix mine so that you can comment. As long as you don't mention that one time I did that one thing and you laughed at me....xo

paula said...

long as you dont mention that one thing i said and no one laughed. :) thank you for gracing us all with your presence my dear.