9/26/10

foresight in hindsight

I finally added eyes to this guy.  Had I not made the puzzle sculptures this year I probably wouldn't have thought to do this.  The girl also has an eye and I'm working on the Mystic as well. Not sure if I will put an eye on the very first one I ever made, Mask On Blue Board.

Getting these ready to take in wed for the upcoming 'solo show'.  I have sold six of my puzzle works in the last few years and hoping to get some movement again with these.  I would make more if there appeared a real desire for them, they just take so long to do I can't see spending more time on them in my current living/life/art state.  People sure do love them when they are exhibiting but thats about as far as it usually goes.  I have found that art collectors are the ones who buy these.  Not sure how to find them...but maybe they will find me.  I'm happy to have finally taken good pictures of these two pieces.  They have been through many stages, at first I had them on the steel shelving without any paint on them.  At one gallery they refused to show them based on that fact (thought they were plain).  Another gallery insisted I paint the shelf if I wanted to show them so I did it.  And now this show, I've decided to give them sight. This is the best I can do, I feel satisfied with them and glad I got nice pictures, hopefully it's a send off !

4 comments:

collage whirl said...

These puzzle sculptures are very cool--I can only imagine how much work they are to make. I like the idea of adding eyes to humanize them. I like Mask on Blue Board as it is, it has a certain mystery to it without eyes!

paula said...

thanks deb. and yeah i think it already has 'eyes' as those red/yellow pieces glow.

ArtPropelled said...

The eyes do add character to these pieces and of course I love the eyes you've used.

Kim Hambric said...

Sending some good vibes your way for those awesome puzzle pieces.