6/6/10

now showing

i keep forgetting to post some pictures i took of my work in the lamprose gallery.  i met the gallery owners during an art opening in march and they wanted my work in their gallery/frame shop.  i like this place a lot...it's small, it's contemporary and i think my work looks fantastic in a realistic setting.  i love the sofa and furniture they have in there and i love that they took MY furniture too!

another bad picture on my part, but you will note to the left of the sofa is my woodstack table as well as 52 tile above the sofa.  to the right of that are my found object shelves i made as well as the wonder horse(below).  poor lighting and little crap camera makes me want to apologize profusely.


then there is a center table where the linguist resides as well as a handful of my clocks.  all in all i feel great about having work there even if they stopped having their first friday art walk AND it's summer so its dead.  guess it is better to have art there even in a slow time than stuffed in the storage unit right?


various works by other artists above and below

the gallery is in spring, texas.  thats about 50 miles from me and 20 from houston.  it's located right off of the highway tucked away in a neighborhood where many homes have been converted to galleries, offices, a bookstore, yoga studios and whatnot.  they have recently started up an outdoor saturday afternoon art tent sale.  if i can get enough trays and vases made i might give it a try even in the hot dead summer, for $25 i get a tent space and can show work that is different than what is in the gallery plus i get to keep 100% of my sales save for uncle sam.  i'm sure in the fall it will be busier as more people are out and about.   providing i'm not busy building a house by then eh?

25 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm so glad to see these pictures! Your work looks great at Lampros! Contemporary and elegant. The tent thing sounds interesting. Kind of exhausting how you just have to get your art out there everywhere, but I think it's key!

AnitaNH said...

Congratulations, Paula! The gallery looks like it is perfect for your art. Hope things really move for you there.

paula said...

thank you cynthia and anita, i really like my work in this place too.

glazedOver said...

That's the beauty of the thing, when you send forth your work and somebody else puts it in a context which does it justice. Crap camera aside, these photos are great, Paula. Sixteen congratulatory pats on your head. ~Jill

ArtPropelled said...

Your work looks fantastic in this gallery! Really fantastic! Definitely better than being in storage. Each piece looks perfectly at home there. I'm so impressed, Paula.

paula said...

WOW a jill comment!!! thanks jill, i really appreciate your feedback and 16 pats :)

thank you robyn, all of these are my favorites so i hope they sell but will miss them if they do. does me good to see them out there and know others think its good looking too!

Kim Hambric said...

Paula, your work looks absolutely amazing in that gallery. I think I could move right in.

Hope that tent idea works out for you.

paula said...

thanks kim, me too!

andrea said...

I agree with your other commenters. Also -- your stuff is the best stuff there.

paula said...

andrea flattery will get you everywhere, thank you.

Daphne Enns said...

This gallery does your work justice. I hope that this really gets things going because I think that your work looks incredible, worthy of a magazine cover for some home design publishers. And it is the best looking stuff there. The owners should be thrilled to have your work there. Wow!

sarala said...

It looks like a great gallery to have your stuff in. Hope something sells. I was at the local art fair yesterday(a really good, juried one) and thought of you often,

Karen said...

Paula, they look stunning! It does look like a great place for them. Amazing what showcasing good art can do!

paula said...

wow daphne, thank you, i'm beaming! worthy of a magazine cover as long as i dont take the picture ha
shara, it is a great place, traffic might be slow but it only takes ONE right?
did you buy any art or just looking around yesterday?

Angela Recada said...

O my God Paula! Your work looks fantastic. This looks like a terrific gallery for you. I agree with the others - yours is the best work there! I hope you at least get to try the tent space, to see how it would work out for you.

paula said...

thank you angela, man you all are making my head swell. i think i'm realizing my work looks better around furniture than just on gallery walls. mmmmm now what do i do?

Colleen Kole said...

I love your art there- a silly comment but it looks happy there. An amazingly beautiful fit. I think the tent would be definitely worth a try. You never know who you might meet.

paula said...

not silly. it IS happy, its free!!!!! as for the tent..will see, could be a long hot horrible, have to go there and see, so far not many vendors are there. i'll just keep working, making stuff. strike when ready.

collage whirl said...

Great fit for your work Paula. It's my belief that always having some pieces somewhere besides our studios (out in the universe where people can see!) maintains the correct energy flow that we artists require to keep the art going...did that sound scientific? That gallery has a good feeling--hope you sell lots there!

Don said...

Paula, Your pieces look very cool in the gallery.Your work does look better in a 'natural' surrounding.

Teo said...

Wow, I love how your art looks in that gallery! I’ve never seen your shelves before, they are absolutely fantastic. The space looks great, but I think your pieces turn it into an amazing interior where I’d love to spend some time, reading a book on that sofa. I wish we had galleries more like this in Portugal. Congratulations Paula, I agree that your art could be in a home design magazine right now.

deb said...

It seems everyone else already said it, but I think the work looks so well right there, and totally it should be out on display and not in storage. I envy you this great gallery relationship... with all these home design comments I am wondering if you shouldn't send some images or cards to local interior designers, they are always looking for something "new"

paula said...

more thanks for the good feedback. wow, i should go take good pictures then and at least put this on my website. deb, thats a great idea!
teo...thank you. and yep that sofa is really wonderful (it's the gallery owners'), i knew the minute i saw it my table and art would look killer next to it!
thank you don, i like the term 'natural' setting :)
deborah, you are right about keeping the energy moving, it makes a HUGE difference for me, especially after getting feedback from you all.
the gallery owner did tell me that a regular customer dropped in and said it looks like they've bumped it up a notch. :)

San said...

Your pieces look so good in the gallery setting, Paula. Congratulations!

paula said...

gracious senorita :)