6/18/10

friday new art finds: Ursula von Rydingsvard

thanks to a comment by Lance, I got turned onto a new artist!  Ursula von Rydingsvard.  Ursula makes massive, mindblowing sculptures out of wood.  there is a plethora written about her and i'd probably just embarrass myself if i even tried. go watch an art 21 video, i know i'm gonna. in the meantime enjoy these beautiful works, thank you lance for the mention of her!


 Ursula von Rydingsvard
Unraveling
2007
Galerie Lelong

Ursula von Rydingsvard's Czara z Babelkami, in Madison Square Park

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow -- impressive! The scale is quite amazing. Thanks!

San said...

"Massive mindblowing sculptures." Well put, Paula.

Kim Hambric said...

I am silenced. I am in awe.

merci33 said...

magnificently powerful

a wonderful share...

thanks Paula

ArtPropelled said...

Really mind blowing!Her work is so powerful and .... words fail me! Have you seen her work on Flickr?

paula said...

you can all thank lance eh?
glad to know you all like...and no robyn i haven't seen her on flickr, i can count on you to have seen it long ago, i'll check now!

Margaret Ryall said...

You've hit upon one of my favourite sculptors, Paula. I recently saw one of her works at the Storm King Sculpture Park in upper state New York . I love the fact she works wood and the texture and scale is amazing.

paula said...

lucky you margaret!!! wow.