5/3/10

the art we showed saturday: tod's daddy dolls

its really challenging to take good pictures of art, and it was more so because this is a space with only one garage opening that faces north and the lighting is horrible. excuse the blur, the bad, i do want to share some of the work we had in there.

starting with tod and his daddy dolls.  dolls made by reversing coffee bags, putting Styrofoam in the 'heads' and using all found objects (no adhesives/glues) to both decorate and assemble the work. (they have yet to be named or priced ) 


5 comments:

Who you callin' housewife? said...

The longer I look at these, the more I like them. I think my favorite is the one that (to me anyway) looks like a superhero.

paula said...

yeah that is a good one! i didn't show all of them, there is another one in a 'hot tub' that is fantastic.

Nellie's Needles said...

Funky! Fun!!! Yeah, Tod! It's great to finally get to see what you've been talking about.

ArtPropelled said...

Just catching up after being away for a few days and really enjoying Todds pieces. I thought they were much bigger until the last photo. I like the way they are displayed and love the Ballsiest one in the next post!

paula said...

yeah that boy needs to take some good pictures of his work and put it on his blog that is now defunct...