2/20/10

random lunacy


some people might see this documentary and think the guy is just nuts. i admit, he scoots close to the edge. but last night tod and i watched this on hulu and we could not take our eyes off the screen. i'm not sure i've ever seen anything quite like this, nor known anyone like 'Poppa Neutrino'. he of course is living an artists life. that he dragged his family into it for as long as they would tolerate it or could grow up to make their own lives, well some might raise eyebrows but when speaking about their lives in front of the camera his kids were well spoken and wise beyond their years. i wouldn't have wanted to live as they did and i'm not sure what he could have/would have done on his own but i have to admire someone who lives with such tenacity.

what i came away with after watching this was the difference between those who are homeless and 'victims of it' ie stay in the same area, suck off of the system, drink/drugs, and leech off society vs someone like poppa who chose to be homeless and ended up travelling/doing more than almost anyone i've ever known. what an inspiration in such an unexpected way!

website here. news page.

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

This looks fascinating! I watched about 10 minutes of it, totally absorbed, and then I suddenly thought, "Wait a minute! I don't have time to watch this now!" So later I will, and I think Martin would enjoy it as well. Thanks for sharing!

Ellen said...

grrrr, no hulu for us up here so I can't see what you posted, but can you give me the title of the doc, I'd love to google it.

Ellen said...

d'uh, Random Lunacy, figured it out. Just watched the trailer, really want to see it now.

paula said...

wow that sucks you can't get pandora either :(

kathiroussel said...

there are so many different choices and ways to live one's life-- my hats off to poppa ( and his sweet family)-- brilliant and courageous. it's a wonderful wonderful story!!

deb said...

I'm in a video mood just lately, so I think I will check it out.

andrea said...

What Ellen said. Will go find it elsewhere now. BTW love this new template: clean and does not distract from either your words or (more importantly) your art.