1/9/10

Reclaimed Redwood Tray #2

This is another tray, this one is 100% Redwood. I love the chunkiness and subtle terrain of texture and color. Redwood is valuable, and actually very hearty as it repels bugs, water and fungus. While you don't want to leave this out in the soaking rain, if it is used as an outdoor tray it can withstand some abuse, as it resists shrinking and warping. I have used wood glue and brad nails to connect the slats so obviously you don't want to throw this in the swimming pool with your margarita balanced on it as you float around in a delirium. If you must have it, it can be yours.

6 comments:

Colleen Kole said...

These are some really nice pieces. The different shapes make them even more unique. Having fun now?

AnitaNH said...

You have a way with words, Paula. I WOULD be delirious if I were floating in a swimming pool sipping margarita. Probably insane, too, as the temperature is 30 degrees F.

Thanks for giving me a chuckle.

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

Simply outstanding--and I'd say, no person in the world would have one like your's! I love how stable it looks--a perfect side table for your futon on the floor!

ArtPropelled said...

You're on to a really good stream of ideas, Paula.

paula said...

its fun right now and i am encouraged to hear you guys like it. ps anita...its been in the 20's here and cold cold codl :( i thought i moved away from this!!!!

Karen said...

strips now! Swirls earlier! Patterns in such a beautiful array of wood. Even though it is not a good idea for the wood I think I like the floating margarita idea...but NOT until it gets a whole hellofa lot warmer!!!