1/17/10

my definition of hell

my definition of hell is just down the street. the state prison. across from the guard towers/prison....just 2 blocks away from where i live. isn't this lovely (sarcasm noted since i dont want to spend 1.99 for the new sarcasm symbol). sometimes when i walk by it at dusk, i think i hear cries and echoes from what i can only imagine was a horrible existence for those who lived there. i find this to be a rare instance of an abandoned building i have no desire whatsoever to ever enter were i given the chance.

the energy is strange near this building. i took this picture across the street right next to the functioning prison and above me from end to end are guard towers. i feel too intimidated to even take many pictures of this building, let alone the towers. paranoid by defacto. dark faceless blobs of humans are in those towers...walking around in their little cube. always looking down at me when i walk by, making me tourrettically want to do something untowards.

6 comments:

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

It is creepy-looking--and the way the white horizontal line is sinking makes the building look like it's trying to sink into the ground, like this is where it belongs, in the subterranean world, best out of sight, out of mind...

Colleen Kole said...

Creepy is a good work as Dawn said. I think I might want to run the other way. Some places don't need to be visited.

andrea said...

Creepy yes but oh -- what fodder for photographs!

AnitaNH said...

I know what you mean about buildings that make you feel uneasy. I grew up in Danvers, Mass. of Danvers State Mental Hospital fame -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danvers_State_Hospital

A very creepy movie called "Session 9" was filmed there. I never could watch it through to the end.

Used to go parking up on that hill as a teenager!

paula said...

yep anita that looks like hell too

sarala said...

Definitely hell but also my definition of a good place to take pictures. Except I'd be totally paranoid walking by a prison, too.