12/4/09

Angel Show in Huntsville


Above: Cynthia's work. I met her a few weeks ago and have already made an instant connection with her, so I'm thrilled I get to sit next to her table. She will have cards, paintings and giclee prints. The Angel Show is a once a year art sale at the Sam Houston Museum Education Center. On exhibit will be high quality art and crafts for sale from approx 35 artists whose work includes paintings, jewelry, fused glass, watercolors, cards, fibers, prints, soap, wood turning, porcelain, gourds, collage, mosaic and more. I doubt I have any Huntsville readers....if so, here is the address: 1402 19th street/ 10am-4pm saturday (tomorrow)

It was an affordable entry fee so I decided to jump in and participate to get myself OUT THERE. When Tod and I went there this morning to set up for tomorrow, we couldn't help but to feel happy....its nice in there and as you can see below there is ample space in a well lit, cozy space.

I plan on exhibiting five of my clock multiples, my new rain gutter containers (below posts), some misc. laminated photography and whatever else I can find in my wall of boxes. Decided not to put big mixed media up as it doesn't seem appropriate there. I do get wall space too for three things and might put a smaller mixed media up. Still trying to fill up my table space with small, affordable things. Its snowing, its sticking to the ground...class is dismissed...the college kids are all going nuts out there. Fun day in huntsville!



8 comments:

Chris said...

This sounds very cool. I went to an opening last night at someone's studio. There were about 6 artists. You get a lot of this kind of thing near Christmas. I like it. I hope you sell some stuff!

Karen said...

Oh That sounds so great!! Jumping in with both feet! Go Paula!!!!!

paula said...

yeah its a new me :) i think this will be fun no matter the turn out/or sales.

Kim Hambric said...

I'm so excited for you. Will send (even more) positive thoughts your way.

Colleen Kole said...

This sounds like fun and looks like a cool place to be. You never know who you might meet too! You never stop!

paula said...

well i DO have to start paying rent :) gotta get out there and make it happen!

ArtPropelled said...

Holding thumbs for high sales. The setting looks so right doesn't it.

jeanamarie said...

yes, I hope you made some sales!!! glad you were able to show somewhere :)