10/1/09

two more weeks

In two weeks exactly we plan on leaving. I've not had the time or desire to search or think or plan. Now that my september art sale is done I can focus everything on packing and cleaning. We are having perfect weather: cold, rainy, chance of snow. So no distraction with wanting to play wiffle ball, go for long hikes or dealing with all the mowing.

I marvel at how it has been the most quiet here that I can remember for this time of year. We have pretty much been left alone, few visitors staying at the house, to my amazement, even the gardener has become a ghost of herself . The days zip by faster than ever and there really isn't much to think or talk about. So my blog gets a rest from my rants. And I hope that when I get to Texas my life opens up and while I know I will have challenges, I hope I no longer have the same frustrations and road blocks that I've experienced here. I know nothing is ever perfect but I find it hard to complain right now when I'm getting my 'sign' from the universe. I've been wanting to know what to do/where to go for over a year now, and the warmth and encouragement I've gotten so far from the people in Huntsville has superseded ANYTHING I could have imagined. It is very sobering to have that screaming voice inside my head completely silenced. I'm going to enjoy it while I can!

7 comments:

Kim Hambric said...

So glad to hear that the screaming voice has been silenced. You are going to do something positive for the world. You are going to learn so much from it. Your future artwork and attitude are only going to benefit from this. I'm very excited for you.

Karen said...

smiling! I am just sitting here smiling. So SOOO happy for you!!

self taught artist said...

thanks for being excited and happy for me (and tod i'm assuming ;)
i look forward to sharing news soon as life starts to happen!

Chris said...

It sounds like you are in a pretty good place right now. That's cool.

self taught artist said...

yep chris...for me this is pretty good emotionally. i pray for a healthy back...right now i'm not doing so hot.

andrea pratt said...

I've seen your comments on other peoples' blogs and meant to follow up but have just been too much of a slackass (my theme these days). Now I see that you have three artists in your links whose blogs I visit regularly. No wonder! I'll be back -- your work is really good.

self taught artist said...

thank you andrea...i've been enjoying looking at your work too this morning. (thanks for the packing distraction!) see you in the blog and fb world!