6/4/09

twitter try #2

If at first I don't succeed, I usually try again. Since this is my week to get back in the saddle, meaning off my ass and work at marketing, work at art, work on attitude, work on everything, I decided this time I will twitter once more.

A few months ago I signed up and after what, 2 or 3 days deleted the account. I was too thick headed and dull to even GET the point. I was overwhelmed by the constant barrage of tweets I got when I followed people and had no clue what I was doing. I was also under the impression that twitter was all about the last time you blinked, swallowed or had any sort of physical action occur. Once again, by example, Vilte has somehow made me get the whole thing.

What I get now, that is probably obvious to everyone on the planet but a few of us, (even doyle brunson tweets!!!!) is that this is a truly powerful way to market yourself AND your friends. I had no idea. I know, how many brain cells did I kill in my alcoholic youth right? Seriously.

Okay I will stop beating myself up. I invite you to join if you are one who is interested in me, my blog friends, art, etsy, auctions, giveaway, new work, ecological stuff, green recycling stuff etc. I am going to be as responsible and unirratweeting as possible. I want to use this as a way to get the word out. Period. If you are already on twitter and don't share every waking moment of your existence on there, let me know, I will happily follow. If you are feeling intimidated by it I will help in any way I can. I'm still learning, as with everything there are gadgets and widgets and all kinds of shits to add so I'm weeding through it. Onward.....

13 comments:

Kim Hambric said...

Thank you for tweeting about me. I think you have coined a new word "irratweeting".

But I will let you wade in the waters first. You do seem to have good content in your tweets. However, after an afternoon of reading loads of tweets (not yours, of course), I can't help but feel I'm wading in a pool of, uh, waste products.

I guess I'll have to click on that doyle brunson tweet to find out who the heck he is. Should I know?

Go Paula!!!

Bob Johnson said...

Hey Paula, you got to watch this twitter youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2HAroA12w

Lisa said...

You are impressive Paula. Really - I'm serious. Few people are as willing to try new stuff until they get it. You will be successful - you are sucessful - just by being you.

Lisa said...

Plus I love love my pencil holders. I look at them daily for hours and never tire of them.

self taught artist said...

kim you have to at least click the doyle link..dont be afraid :)
bob j? is that you??? wow. i thought you had left the planet!
good to hear from you, thanks for the link :)
thanks lisa, and i'm so glad you still like your pencil holders. i feel so far behind and not sure i will ever have followers and people zinging good info back and forth but i know there is something to this (finally!)

BlueJude said...

Congrats on Future Time! Ahhh...the twitter thing. yes, baffling to me, not that I have time to twitter right now as you know. But enjoyed catching up on your blog. Have a great weekend p!

Jean Baardsen said...

I'll be interested to hear how your second try goes. I also only lasted about three days! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. Yes, the boat time totally changed me. I'm not sure I ever understood how much, so that's part of my purpose with the memory art. Plus, it's fun. :o)

self taught artist said...

well jean, suddenly i 'get it'. for me, having etsy, wanting to share great links to sites and things i like, its perfect. also, if you want to follow someone on twitter who you deem interesting you can just rss them thru your google or whatever reader you use. i'm embarrassed to admit what i did wrong last time was, i was always going TO their pages and getting completely overwhelmed by all those comments that i had NO clue what they were in reference to. if you just stay on your page the people you follow, just their info comes at you.
i think this time around I'm gonna stick with it. i've already found links thru searching that have pages of great links. its like google but more personable.

Angela Recada said...

This is terrific Paula. I'm so glad these things are all coming together for you. You deserve it.

self taught artist said...

thanks angela! i feel leagues behind everyone else but finally something is clicking for me :)
i've given where to move a rest...i gotta make a living first and market the heck out myself.

Bob Johnson said...

Duh, which time, lol, you know of course I'm not of here..earthling.

Helena said...

I feel as though I have become officially old now. I managed to keep up till now, mobile phones, blogs, MP3 players... ok. Just. Even blogs! Ta-dar! I may be 41, but I blog. And email. Cool, I thought- I'm keeping up! But no more. No no no. Not Twitter. I can't do it. I just can't. Twitter is my cut off point. It's the point where my brain says, ok, I'm the older generation now on this one. This aint for me any more. I officially can't keep up!

self taught artist said...

i know what you mean helena. i still have no clue about mp3 or ipods. i just see twitter now as a way to reach more people with my art and to BE reached by others work. it isn't for cutesy crap or obsessive updates :)