6/11/09

prototype

Here is a sneak preview of a prototype I just finished. Obviously it is a candle holder made from RR Nuts and a washer. I'm going to make all difference heights and some with or without the washers. It has only taken me 2 days to grind off the rust and prepare the surfaces so I can cold weld them together. I have a bucketful of these, I'll try not to think about all the ones I've given away as I thought I would never use them. I like that they are small and functional. Guess where I'm going to sell them?

7 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

These look fabulous. I have a suggestion about the rust finish that I'll email photos and info about tomorrow.

Jean Baardsen said...

Great idea! A kind of sculpture and functional at the same time. I would imagine you're thinking Etsy. I can see them in treasuries already.

self taught artist said...

you got i jean :)
look fwd to info you have nellie!

sarala said...

Very neat idea. I like that they will be different heights. I can see a display of multiple candles, all different.

San said...

Those are after my own heart.

Karen said...

I really like these. I want to set them on a very formal table...just because.

self taught artist said...

thanks you guys! watch everyone will want these and i only have 40 of them :(