5/31/09

upsidedown

Remember last week me asking people if I should go for this piece? Yesterday I finally did finish it, then I saw it was crooked AND I put it upside down. I liked it until I saw the other one. I disassembled it and it will sit until I decide which view I like best. If you have a thought feel free to say which you prefer. Sorry for the drastic color difference, natural light vs fluorescent light and impatient camera settings.

I think I will get to work on my table idea while this marinates.

5 comments:

San said...

I believe I'm being drawn to the image on the left. Maybe because there's greater contrast between the whitish and the reddish areas, which plays up the distance between the two planes. Then again, I love the shadow cast in the image on the right. But that's the lighting difference, isn't it?

Lynda Lehmann said...

I like the one on the right. It's more vibrant, the colors less washed out by the lighting. And I also see the shadows/dimensions more!

Happy marinating! :)

Karen said...

Well I love the shadow that happens in the light. Both versions work wonderfully well. the eye is drawn from center to a spiral around and back. I honestly like them both!

self taught artist said...

i'm thinking the left piece on the right hand side and bottom give the little 'dude' some floating cloud and you see him less as compared to the right. so its more at one with the back photo. still dont know if i like it popping out more like it does with the backside photo turned upsidedown. the SIMPLIEST of pieces never are... :)thanks for the feedback!

Kim Hambric said...

I vote for the one on the left. I like the balance of the light splotches best on that one.