3/17/09

oh yeah

I'm happy to say I just sold this clock online to a repeat buyer from last year! I post the solds here because I think it's good to share with people when something sells, especially when it appears no one has any money to spend on superfluous things. It's cool too because the person found my website via another website that I had no idea about that was out there in the world and had a photo of one of my clocks and a link. I was sure to thank them and let them know about the sale. The internet works in strange ways.

This piece 'Sculpted in Time' is on it's way to San Fransisco to a clothing designer. It's a gift and I feel so honored to have had someone buy it for another artist! It gives me a boost to be sure and maybe that basement wont look so harsh if I can just remember I wont have to work there forever, one of these days I will find a way to have a studio that feels great to be in. I figure if I've made art under these conditions I can only improve when my environment is more pleasant yes? In the meantime I have to somehow let go of my aversion and get back in there. Talk is cheap, it will happen when it happens. In the meantime thank god for a sale!

8 comments:

Margaret Ryall said...

Yea for you and your art!

Steve Javiel said...

congrats! its always a great feeling when one sells an art piece

Kim Hambric said...

Fantastic! Hope to see more and more posts like this!

self taught artist said...

thanks you guys!

Karen said...

Special!! And so rewarding to have one artist buy your work for yet another artist! Excellent day!

self taught artist said...

hey karen, thanks! (i dont think the guy who bought it is an artist though)

Angela Recada said...

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you.

deb said...

yea! I forgot to mention while I was being all doom and gloom that I sold a book this week too, maybe things are looking up!!!