3/20/09

a little of this a little of that


A few days ago Tod and I went out with our baggies and roamed the roadside. Found some fun things, even a working pedometer! It's still exciting and fresh to go out there looking and finding what I deem to be 'treasures' laying in waiting. Got some metal, plastic, thick black car rubber (my favorite lately) and misc. stuff, not bad for a mile round trip on a beautiful crisp day. Once it gets a little warmer and hopefully a little cloudier I hope to take some pictures. I forgot all about my idea to make some mini mixed media pieces. I wonder if THEN I can sell a mixed media piece online. (so far they sell in galleries just fine) The clocks seems to do good but it's still driving me nuts I can't figure out how to sell a mixed media piece myself. Maybe that will be the next thing I try to get on ETSY. I've been spending alot of time there looking at a plethora of work. Did you know Rosie O'Donnell has stuff on there? She donates it all to a program she started, Rosie's Broadway Kids, THAT is awesome ~ I try not to get jealous that she draws on those munny dolls and actually sells them. (I never knew about those dolls and I checked them out and am INCREDULOUS the stuff people buy). I DO like her wire things, and I love that she takes pictures of herself with her art and she always looks tired, pissed, like she can't stand having her photo taken. It makes me smile. I wish I had enough clout that people would buy my stuff and I could loan more to KIVA. But who am I....just another artist like everyone else.



*I should shut up, I just went to KIVA to loan more money from my last sale even though the person didn't care to do it and all the loans had been given, THATS INCREDIBLE. And now they have teams if you want to be a part of that when they find new entrepreneurs that need loans. Why aren't we able to do this here I wonder....

5 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Fun finds! Can't wait to see them appear in your work.
I'm busy these days composing my art with scraps of this and that, too. Seeing "nothing" develop into "something" continues to amaze me.

Kim Hambric said...

I'll have to have a look at Rosie's work. People will buy from the rich and famous. There is a semi-famous author who has been selling notebooks on Ebay. Regular composition books with doo-dads stuck to the front. People are paying over $50.00 for these things.

I am looking forward to seeing where these scraps end up -- especially that blue thing.

sarala said...

I forgot to tell you--I found a cell phone that had been run over by a car. It was totally unusable--I didn't even find the chip so there was no way to try to reach an owner. I'm taking it apart. The little number buttons are kind of cool. I still haven't looked at the inards. I like the electronics. I just hope there isn't anything too toxic. I remember the old watchmakers using radium (or some such) who got radiation poisoning.

Rob Hitzig said...

It is nice to see you are cleaning up the roadways of VT. Green Up day should be like Christmas for you. I bet you can get tons of great stuff if you pick through other peoples finds as well.

self taught artist said...

yes rob, i hope you will have space in your gallery for some huge installation called 'accidents' :)