3/22/09

i've been seeing whipped cream things



Stowe woman accused in whipped cream heists

The last few times Tod and I have gone walking on the roads in Stowe for found objects, we have seen a lot of whipped cream tops (just last night on a very short walk we saw empty containers too all over the side of the road). Included in the druggish trash are tons of small propellant cartridges (tod thinks nitrous oxide is in them for people to get high) scattered all over like little silver science capsules. It's disturbing to think people are just sitting around in their cars in Stowe fumigating their brains. So this morning I look online at the Stowe Reporter and see this article. I had to laugh, it all makes sense now. (the link doesn't work anymore oh well)

It's kind of a relief to know wtf, I was beginning to wonder what was up! If you dont read the article, know this, the police followed a trail of them to her motel. She has stolen a few hundred dollars worth within days, littering the roads or leaving them in the stores as she sucks down the gases from them, tossing the cans, still filled with lifeless whipped cream. I know addiciton is nothing to laugh at but if you saw all the whipped tops I've seen lately it creates a surreal vision of some out of control vehicle with canisters being tossed out at an unbelievable rate.


I went back to take pictures of the oodles of canister things I've seen but the recent snow covered them all up. This lone one was in a tipped over faux garbage can at a park parking lot.

8 comments:

Margaret Ryall said...

Well, this takes the cake! Yes pun intended.

sarala said...

Sadly I guessed they were being used to get high. I've lost a lot of my naivete through my line of work. Can you imagine choosing to do that to your body?

Karen said...

so sad for the woman who choose to abuse herself in that way. Paula, your photos are perfect for the story! The snow gives a special add on to it as it mirrors the look of whipped cream.

self taught artist said...

karen, you know it was so bright out i didn't even see what i was shooting, and it wasn't until i looked at it on my blog i realized that the snow looked like whipped cream!

Kim Hambric said...

That is so sad. You sure can learn a lot from litter.

Lucy said...

You should do a collage with the photos and snippets of the article ... Life's Addictions ... or something like that. I thought the photos were very good ... captured my imagination immediately. Isn't that what art's suppose to do?

Ellen said...

I love that last photo, so much like your art. Bizarre story with the can, it must feel odd to regularly forage for discarded objects and actually find out the story behind some of them.

self taught artist said...

yeah lucy its been a thought, i dont know if its worth the time, no one would care or notice here.

yea ellen, but its a relief too, it made no sense to see all this bizarre litter.