3/6/09

first kiva art sale!

I woke up to a sale on ETSY! Thank you to the first person who is taking me up on my Art for Kiva Loans! You can see my Kiva page here. It feels extra exciting to sell some art when I know that a chunk of the sale is going first towards helping someone else who is trying to make their own life better.

I thought it appropriate and fitting to post a photo of a postcard I got in the mail yesterday from my dear friend Shara who I met via the blogstreams over two years ago, is that possible it was that long ago???? I've watched her blog change over time and morph more into a place to express her artistic side. Occasionally I've gotten personalized art in the mail from her and it makes my day. (she gave permission for me to post the photo).

It was because of her that I did the NANO writing thing last November. Sometimes you meet people online that you would think you have nothing in common with and then everything changes and you realize you have found a kindred spirit who gets you and you them. It always blows my mind that there are people out there who accept you, spur you on and just allow you to be who you are without any pressure whatsoever. So thanks again for the thoughtful art card and being out there! And thank you to everyone who has bought art or stopped by the blog and left a kind comment! I'll stop now so I don't scare anyone with my happy.

4 comments:

Connor said...

that is one cool postcard! Thank god it got through the mail in such good condition.

self taught artist said...

yeah it is, and it did come torn as its super thin paper.

sarala said...

Thanks for the compliment. The original by the way is larger and on cardboard (recycled of course) but I scanned it and put it onto cardstock. Maybe I should get you a nicer copy.
My internet is all screwed up some I'm not on-line as much as I'd wish!

deb said...

yea! for the blogosphere and the friends it brings us...