3/19/09

Etsy Treasury


I made my first treasury on etsy today. (only took three + hours good grief). I felt pressured to make a name as I didn't know if some unseen time limit was upon me. The treasury thing is a little complicated at first since you can't even make one until there are only 333 lists; anything over that (every time I've looked its well over 500) and the option to make one is non-existent. I found myself going there obsessively looking to see how close the listings were to 333 and almost gave up. Low and behold this morning my first hit and it was at 333, the magic opening appeared and I went in.

Anyhow, the name might sound stupid 'Natural Beauty', but I was trying to get into that 'etsy zone' of all that is female and true to myself at the same time. Half of you are my friends and the others I just randomly picked. Hope it spreads your work out there!

8 comments:

sarala said...

The treasury thing is new to me. I haven't spent all that much time on Etsy though.
By the way congrats on your last sale! Think of all the happy clocks out in the world that you made.

self taught artist said...

thanks sarala, I guess the treasury is a thing to do not to promote yourself, but others. some people get their treasuries featured on the front page of etsy, so thats a moment of stardom i guess?
its fun and a challenge to find works 'i approve of' she said with a haughtiness that would challenge even her if she heard another say it.....
uh..
oh yeah thanks for the congrats :)

Kim Hambric said...

Paula, Thanks so much for including me. I'm assuming if you could get a treasury done in less than 4 hours, I could probably do one in less than 4 days.

I do manage to find lots of things I approve of on Etsy. I think I have trained my eyes to look right over that super-sweet pink stuff.

self taught artist said...

your work looks great in there, your welcome!
i'll be waiting to see what your treasury looks like, interested in what sparks your tastebuds.

deb said...

I'm glad someone else asked what a treasury was, I like the idea, maybe I can make a version on my blog, it would be fum to show what I like!

self taught artist said...

Its cool, they expire in a few days though.

Steve Kane said...

Dang, I couldn't get into your treasury for some reason. I'll try again later.

Ellen said...

Is it awful to say I found a surfer dude, hippy internet cafe while I was on vacation and had about 5 minutes for email. (I couldn't stay away!) I managed to click on all the treasury items (because that's how they get moved up the list and seen more). Thanks for including me! 4 hours and that magic moment of perfect timing to get in? Whoa, good for you.