12/7/08

Vermont Bauble Clock 4, 2008


Another redo done. I love redoing pieces that never felt finished. As you can see, the original was stark, believe it or not I did spend time on it. I was allowing myself to make something austere. I spent a lot of time with it and really appreciated the beauty of the metal as it was. I put some varnish on it to sheen it up; I spent more time on the back of the piece than the front. We had this clock up for many months and then I put it away. On my website I actually had a page of 'Vermont Bauble Clocks' and sold a few to complete strangers online. My first sales were these Bauble Clocks. I removed the category after getting into my RR Clocks and feeling like the website was getting too scattered.

The Vermont Bauble Clocks are an open ended collection of clocks made with found objects from around Vermont. I think I've made seven so far. Could be time to do a few more, but right now I'm getting into another mixed media photography piece. The snow is a comin and that means tourists and that means I might be driving the taxi a bit more. Maybe this year I will learn how to be around people without saying the same thing over and over. Maybe I will learn to not do any binge driving so I can still work on art and make a little money at the same time.

6 comments:

sarala said...

Very cool!

Karen said...

Yes, very cool!

deb said...

As always your work is beautiful, I am salivating, oh how I wish the economy would improve just a smidge, when it does I am getting clocks for everyone!!

self taught artist said...

thanks deb...'clock for everyone' i better get busy!

Ellen said...

I love this one, wish my wallet wasn't so thin at the moment. I thought of several people who I'd like to gift this to, but I'd be selfish instead and keep it for myself. One day, one day....

self taught artist said...

preciate it ellen!