12/9/08

some of last saturdays finds


Okay, here are a few pictures of what tod and I got this weekend. That glass thing has to do with the dairy aspect of the farm, god help me I never retain information as I'm usually anxious and/or excited, anyone know what it is feel free to explain it to us all. It was pretty cool that the people specifically brought this to me thinking I would be interested in it. I'm not sure it is something I will use for art as much as decor. Will need to make a stand for it sometime.

Kim, you wanted to see those hay things, those longish things are the vents. In the top of the barn there is a large opening for the hay to be delivered into, and this system with a long tunnel and these things branching off flat onto the ground. They are spaced maybe 6 feet or so apart and the air from the fan/tunnel filters through. (that's my understanding at least)


I also got some pipes and nick knacks. Still wondering how to clean all this without creating an ice rink outside . I really don't want to wait five months before I can get to work on these!


5 comments:

Liz Curtin said...

Love the glass surge thingy! What in the world are you going to do with all those hay troughs. There are so many of them. Next time take the pic without the sunglasses and looking at the camera, please.......

self taught artist said...

NEVER!!!!
uh, i have no clue what i'm going to do with those things. probably in another few years i will know, you know it goes right?
kid in a candy store...

JafaBrit's Art said...

That glass thing is really cool.

Philip said...

Freeze it in ice perhaps?

San said...

Love the SURGE.