11/5/08

Best Man

I think, or at least I hope the best man won last night. I have never watched the end results, let alone listen to the winners' speech. I forced myself to. I looked at all the people standing there in Chicago, listening and soaking up his words and energy and thought wow, I hope we as a people (not a country just as people on this earth) can get our shit together. I hope we, and I'm talking me here more so than not, can work on our lives and selves and take responsibility for our actions so that things happen naturally and not by some laws governed at us. I have hope but realistically speaking he will get more done if we make sure we take care of our bodies, our homes, our children, our everything.

But hey I'm no politician. Just an artist. Treading rather lightly at present open to possibility in my self and in life.

4 comments:

sarala said...

I totally agree. We have to help him accomplish his dreams and get back to work ourselves. A change in party isn't enough by itself.

Michelle said...

I thought the same thing. I hope people don't htnk this will be a majic bullet. We all have to get our s***t together.

self taught artist said...

thanks for piping in ladies, its good to know I'm not alone! I had an ephinany tonight about how 'we' as a people are like little kids and the government is acting in a parental way. Why don't we grow up and be responsible so they can stop being our parents and do whatever it is they are supposed to?

Evenspor said...

I agree with you wholeheartedly. If we want to improve the world, we need to stop waiting for the government to take care of our problems for us and start taking care of them ourselves.