10/5/08

fun, happy pieces of art

Okay, as of today I think I might be 97% done with this little series of ten clocks!!!! I drove the taxi yesterday for about 13 hours (can you say leaf peepers?) and still found time to come home a few times and work on them. I find when there is NO creativity involved I can still get cracking with many interruptions, I basically am finishing up the backside of them; by tomorrow or soon thereafter the clocks I ordered will be here and I will be done. I can't wait to show them off, I told tod last night 'they make me so fucking happy when I look at them, they are FUN!' Probably not a quote to use as a selling point, but it is the truth. Yes people, I have made FUN. HAPPY pieces of art. Probably the first time ever I've looked at something over and over and just smile, feel giddy and light.

6 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

...waiting on pins and needles (literally)!

Ellen said...

Congrats Paula! Looking forward to seeing them. And saying they make you so fucking happy looking at them seems like the best selling line ever! (can I borrow it?) You go girl!

sarala said...

Like Ellen, I like the selling line. Happy art shouldn't be an oxymoron.

self taught artist said...

thanks ladies! glad i didn't offend anyone

The Minimalist said...

You have been tagged. I am recommending your blog on my site. Follow this link to see the details:
http://minimalisticlifestyle.blogspot.com/2008/10/meme-post.html

Karen said...

I love it when art makes us happy!! Cant wait to see the little babies!