10/8/08

Auction Tomorrow Night @ 7 PM EST(refreshments served later)

What lies beneath are ten ticking clocks. All are identical and all made from found objects. Tomorrow night, give or take any unforeseen problems, I will have one for sale via an ebay auction. I will post it on this blog.

I can preface this by saying there are actually 11 of these. The 11th clock is an AP (artist proof) and is slightly different in that the top of the clock is enclosed whereas the others are not. This clock I am giving to Tod because he found the long piece that I cut into little squares for these clocks. Because he has purchased a handful of RR Clocks this year. Because he will be offering the other 9 on his (mine too kind of) new website the end of next week.

The point of the auction is mostly to allow blog fans to have first dibs. The point is also to allow people a chance to buy affordable contemporary functional art. I have made these clocks identical (as close as possible given the medium) which also keeps the price down as the level of creativity stays even instead of making a completely new piece each and every time.

Having said that. Today I've got batteries in the clocks to give them a test run. Today I will print out the certificates of authenticity/how to take care of your clocks info. I will get my little ebay thing prepped and ready for blast off. I hope you can make it to the grand opening of something I feel is unique, affordable and FUN! This is a new endeavor for me both creatively and market wise, I trust I have your patience and support as I test it out here. (meaning if I mess up the ebay thing, if I don't do everything perfect no one is going to call me an idiot)

9 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Cool, good luck, I'll drop by.

Daphne Enns said...

This is so exciting (and nerve wracking no doubt)!

Good luck P!

Nellie's Needles said...

I'll be there for the reveal. But tell me about that piece of fabric these treasures are hiding behind.

self taught artist said...

nellie, it's a shawl/scarf type thing that was in one of the closets upstairs...it isn't mine or else you could have it ;)
I might even get me a little instant message thing on the sidebar so we can all 'talk' and do a Q & A huh?

Ellen said...

Looking forward to seeing them. Don't worry about ebay, it's like some crazy, eclectic planet, there's a place for everyone. And definitely a place for your wonderful clocks, I only hope they don't get undervalued. Typical ebay regarding art. Getting noticed on a planet that size is the tricky part.I'll put out the word on my blog, which means... 6 other people besides you will be informed. But... they're 6 really great people...

self taught artist said...

thank you ellen, word of mouth is appreciated!
i'm only going to sell the first clock on ebay ~ mostly to enable me access to that auction widget for my blog :) if i reach anyone out there in ebay-land all the better!

sarala said...

Good luck with the auction. I may not be able to make it until Friday if it is still up. Tonight is the start of Yom Kippur and I try to be serious for a few hours. Serious and seriously hungry. By the time the fast is over I have the world's worst migraine and fall into bed in a coma.
I hope it is quite the success.

self taught artist said...

sarala, it'll run 7 days :)
have a good Yom Kippur!

Karen said...

Exciting!!