9/16/08

no title

It's been a busy time in my bubble of life. Tod took a week off (which probably accounts for him finally getting some peace and starting that blog) so I worked more at the taxi place. That's over now and I'm back to little to no work for them and more art for me.

I am happy to report I was able to have prints made and I'm excited to have smaller wonder horse prints and a few new ones to work with. So off they go to be laminated and then I will be set for some mixed media pieces in the near future.

This week I have to go pick up some of my clocks that were in a private gallery in Burlington. Sadly he decided to just show his own work since he needs to also start using the small space as his work studio. It's probably time to find another place, it felt like a stretch to be in three places at once and there wasn't even a demand for my work. I think it expanded some invisible boundary in me and that was a good thing. I did answer a craigslist ad for a gallery in VT needing work for the Christmas Season, they loved my work but not sure it's a fit as it is more craft than fine art, I tried to google the gallery and came up blank so I had nothing to go by when I answered the ad. At least I tried. Have to keep asking and trying, eventually I will break through and learn the game. I still think there is a way to be doing this other than the way I'm doing it....but until that is a known reality I will keep plugging away. Every now and then I still remember that gallery that owes me money. I can't let it stop me from trying other places even though the thought does come up each time. Is my work safe? Will they be honest and forthright? Will I have the balls to listen to intuition and value my self and my work enough to show places that are right for me?

At least the monster in my head is sleeping. There is a mantra of just keep moving. Just keep working on art. Just keep going. So I'm traveling 5 m.p.h. and it feels like everyone is passing me at the speed of light. At least I'm chugging along. More and more I'm getting what a waste and drain of energy it is for me to freak out and just keep focused on what is right in front of me. If I start making lists and thinking and setting up something that isn't reality I'm not going to get much art made. Sometimes intention is just about doing. Since I still don't have a lead on something at least I will have more art ready for when I do get a clue.

6 comments:

sarala said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with the prints.

BlueJude said...

Yup...cheers to chugging. At least it's a start. I'm just trying to stay focused on the moment...the day and not get tangled up in thoughts of the future. Can't wait to see the prints. Happy Tuesday STA!

Ellen said...

Truly it's the best way to get through the blackness, getting outside your head and using your hands productively somehow.

It's amazing from work, how things suddenly begin coming together. And 3 galleries at once? you should be pretty damn proud.

San said...

Yeah, you just have to keep moving. And I believe your speed is a good one. Go too fast and life becomes a blur.

self taught artist said...

point well taken...too fast and it is a blur. OH you wise woman....

San said...

Shucks.