8/9/08

bag-o-goodies

Dropped off the redo piece (below) to the Gallery in Montpelier and when I went into the owners studio to see his current works in progress my eyeball caught site of this big ole bag of wood chips/sawdust type stuff. 'What ya gonna do with that?', I hadda ask. 'Why? Ya want it?'....'Uh yeah'. He wondered what I was going to do with it. Hell I don't have a clue. All I know is I was attracted to it. That's the fun part of being an artist, seeing whats out there and tuning in to what tickles your fancy. Could be soon, could be a year, but I will use those. Maybe not the whole bag, the point is to feel excited and challenged by something, I can't tell you how satisfying it is to just look at this bag filled with soft buttery wood shavings.

5 comments:

Ellen said...

I see a giant, rusted mechanical hamster diorama. Hmmm....don't think I have the talent for repurposed art like you :) Have fun with it, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Steve Kane said...

I'm like that with sounds. I'll be walking down the street and a particular sound will jump out at me from the general hum of noise and I have to stop and, if I have my MP3 player on (which has a little microphone on it for recording), I'll record the sound.

I never have any idea how I'm gonna' use it but I know that I have to record it.

self taught artist said...

well it wont be a hamster diorama, thats too funny.
stever, you savant you. i just love the image of you out there recording audio oddities. fascinating.

Judith HeartSong said...

I love collecting odds and ends to work with!!!

Mary Buek said...

If I had seen the wood shavings, I would have thought of mulch for the garden, not art. . . but you could mix it up in some paint and glue and slather it all over something. . . very rustic. Or mold it into chunks in different shapes with epoxy. You are just so creative I know you'll think of lots better things that those.