7/20/08

erasing the blog post

So I'm an idiot.
Decided to erase my morning rant since everything turned out better than I could have hoped.

I took The Wonder Horse in and Evolution and she LOVED them. I was fairly certain Evolution would be fine but the other one not so sure based on a few technical issues. It wasn't hung up, so it could still be an issue, it is fixable, just not something I want to do unless I have to since basically I would have to start from scratch.

I was also concerned that the picture might be too strange. It does look like a stillborn. It is chilling and somewhat eerie that horse. As if in the pale light of the moon a dead or struggling animal was found.

And she loved it. And the gallery kicks some serious ass. They are renovating and making it twice as big. Tod went with me to deliver the work and we were blown away by the size way they are designing the space. This is about as exciting as getting the art in and selling it. I feel such a huge relief you have no idea. I know artists are usually insecure about their work when it comes time to present it to the galleries. I'm guilty of that at times, this time maybe more so. It would be different if I had other places to take the work to, these pieces are too large for the other galleries I am in; if they didn't take these works it would kill me to just stuff them in the basement. Hopefully I can go back and take pictures of it when they hang it.

6 comments:

promotional card printing said...

why are you sad. dont' worry all things will be rights.

Artist are always great peoples.

Karen said...

Congratulations Paula! Aint Fear a bitch!!! So glad to hear this is working out for you.Cant wait to see photos!

JafaBrit's Art said...

I see you are having the same question regarding the entire content of your posts being copied and used on another blog.

self taught artist said...

yeah, i dont get why they do that. i made the mistake of leaving a comment and now they've used another one elsewhere in their stupid blog

JafaBrit's Art said...

he or she is a member of blog catolog and I brought the issue up on there and quite a few members have reported the person to google. They are trying to generate income with ads, so they use other blog entries to attract visitors.

hey, thanks for dropping by my blog. I have seen your blog and work before and liked what I saw.

self taught artist said...

i will report them too then

i'm liking what i see on your blog too...thanks for stopping by!