7/28/08

auto work

Last week I got some car work done and I had the wherewithal to request they save the parts. I brought a nice box for them to put everything in and these are the goods. Frankly I couldn't be happier with the collection. All I had to do was soak everything in some Simple Green for a few hours and the bulk of the grease came off.

When I picked my car up I was told I had another problem so when I've pulled enough weeds to pay for that I'm sure I will have another fun object to use in my art.

8 comments:

San said...

Remember my old car door? Recently Bennie and his cousin and his girlfriend hiked up to the wreck again. Bennie brought me back an air filter. He's such a romantic!

Love your haul. Sorry its acquistion involved car repair expense, but you were so smart to turn an unpleasant circumstance into an art opportunity.

self taught artist said...

of course i remember that door!
now what on earth are you going to do with an old air filter eh?

Daphne said...

They're very pretty things...maybe they will eventually help pay for the next car repair.

Karen said...

I love how your always thinking ART!

gigi said...

I can't wait to see what you whip up with these pieces.

sarala said...

Like Gigi, I can't wait to see your car turned into art.

Bob Johnson said...

You're cool.

San said...

Right now the air filter is just sitting in the family room. It looks like a contemporary sculpture. I LOVE IT!