6/19/08

Found Object Coffee Table








I finally got the coffee table put together. Now I have two tables to show in my non-existent world of found object furniture exhibits. The other table has similar features in that the stands are both foundry molds forms that I just glued together. This table is a good example of patience. Last year I had a commission from the gallery, I took two strange objects I found at a farm and had someone weld flashing over it. Initially I was going to use the other side as a canvas to put work into but alas I ended up doing something completely different. So here I was, stuck with two pieces that I had spent over $100 on and no clue what to do with them. And a year later I had this idea to just place it on this stand and it fit perfectly, it is sleek and to me has the feel of a shark..very dorsal fin dont you think? Wonder what I will do with the partner piece, I'm all out of those foundry molds...

4 comments:

Daphne said...

I hope that some wealthy person who lives in an industrial loft sees this and buys it. It's very cool-a shark table for a lawyer with a sense of humor perhaps.

M. Trigos said...

Please, contact me.
mtrigosart@gmail.com

sarala said...

Just don't trip near it! Not for a home with toddlers.
Very interesting. Would definitely go in one of those sleek modern homes with lots of glass and black leather chairs.

San said...

It is very shark-like, Paula. Intriguing and suggestive of danger. A little danger is good for the soul.