6/5/08

dump find




While I do prefer the thought of furnishing my diggs with things I have made from scrap/found objects, I had to nab this when I went to the dump today. Its an interesting table with a pop open top for storage, just the sort of things I like...very functional, not shiny, not new, and FREE. A little murphy's oil and perhaps disassembly required of some ugly hardware affixed to it and she is good to go. I haven't figured out what the bottom part is made of and what if anything I could do to it. It is kind of ugly detail wise but maybe something to fiddle with some day. I also just got two prints made of the Wonder Horse, both about 22 x29" and now they are on their way to canada to be laminated so I can mount them onto something incredible. More fun art to bash my head against.

3 comments:

gigi said...

that piece of furniture looks very cool from here. looking forward to seeing the wonder horse in action!

Shelby said...

I really like that piece.. I'd pick that from the dump myself. Great find.

Renee said...

Awesome find! :-)