6/26/08

Camera Clock


Camera Clock
Approx. 13" diameter


Yet another idea I had for that commissioned clock. They liked the prototype pictures I sent of it but weren't 'in love' with it. I had to make it anyways. The outer round part is a hollow form from a sawmill foundry. In the center I have used black sandpaper. I'm sorry but I think that is the coolest thing I've done in a long time. SANDPAPER. Anyhow. The silver ring is from a mirror and under the camera piece I've put some strange super light paper thin flashing to kind of offset the camera piece. Another one of a kind original clock that is made entirely from found objects.

8 comments:

Daniel Sroka said...

Oh that is very very cool!

Steve Kane said...

At first glance this made me think of old vinyl record players.

And, yes, I'm still here! :)

Karen said...

Very cool!

Daphne said...

I also thought of a record player. It's quite lovely. I can totally picture the clients house. Very Architectural Digest. They probably want raw materials that are polished but still not overly embellished. I can see why they like your work with all of the metal and hard surfaces that you use-they probably don't want too much clutter going on either (just a guess).

self taught artist said...

steve...THERES THAT FANTASTIC FACE!!!!
your right on daphne
maybe you could make it for me? you get them! we could Cyrano De Bergerac it?

gigi said...

excellent.

Chelle said...

I really like this, especially the texture of the sandpaper.

Janet Campbell said...

Love this piece! Awesome!