6/21/08

by by blue e

I've seen the light er fox...uh fire....I've finally let go of using IE as my web browser. I have Bob Johnson to thank over at Blackholes and Astrostuff because of my recent complaining to him that it takes FOREVER to load his site. He suggested I use Firefox. I did in fact install this months ago because I knew it was a safer browser to use but rarely went there. All my Outlook Express links opened in IE and I never understood all the tab stuff and options ~ I was always closing everything and getting annoyed. Low and behold last week I picked up a library book (see sidebar review under goodreads) about using Firefox and this is what I've poured over at night. I get it now. I like it now. I have closed down the blue e. Figured out how to make OE open links in Firefox. I'm beginning to grasp all the cool things you can do and enjoy faster browsing experience of videos and pictures.

My last remaining computer thing to do is to go inside and install a new hard drive and deal with the transferring of files etc., quite honestly something I'm dreading and looking forward to in a sick way since I've never done it. I've been holding off, might try this weekend so if I disappear you know why. Then again maybe I wont just yet....I'm having too much fun with Firefox. That and I'm gonna drive some, yes ladies and gentlemen the tourist is back. That fascinating specie that descends upon Stowe, VT. and spreads their fistful of dollars amongst the land. I'm going to try to find a balance and work without draining myself.

3 comments:

San said...

Firefox rules! Tourism rules!

Macs prefer Firefox. I prefer Macs.

Tourists prefer to buy art. I prefer tourists.

self taught artist said...

i should have known you were already there.....

Bob Johnson said...

Thanks for the link Paula, glad it works for you, it is the browser of choice, especially if you like to view multimedia.