4/8/08


This is what my head feels like. That's me on the left, Tod is on the right wearing the special pendant of higher power. (note the cynical look I maintain while Tod as usual with the near vacant gaze) We have morphed into large veiny headed beings since watching the Garbage Warrior Documentary a few days ago. (posts below). Ideas swelling our heads into bulbous centers of activity.

I'm finally starting to see that part of being an artist is about the process of thought and idea having time to swim and explore into unknown waters. You can't always be doing something material. How days are still valuable even if you have nothing concrete to show for it. I feel like a huge chunk of my perceived reality just lifted up like a curtain and showed me what is behind it. Another layer revealed. Pushing aside all the overwhelm and how to. Holding that tiny thread of idea and letting it pull you onward despite the possible crushing obstacles looming like monsters.

5 comments:

BlueJude said...

Too Funny! The photo I mean (: What a valuable post, something I really needed to hear. NOW I have to check out that movie!

Daniel Sroka said...

Yes, yes, yes! The real secret of art making is that the most important times are when you aren't making anything.

JAXTER said...

Oh yeah - you better believe the non making part is just as important as the making part - sometimes more so... the documentary sounds incredible - going to have to check it out whenever it is I get out from under teaching... thanks for reminding me that even though I am not always physically making I am thinking occasionally!

San said...

"Pushing aside all the overwhelm and how to." Said like a true "large veiny headed being."

To garbage warriorhood! To the celebration of this day! And most of all--to you, Paula!

gigi said...

the noncreative time is revealing, if you give yourself enough time to reflect on it.