4/25/08

I've been busy this week working on my furniture ideas as well as trying to start some projects that require lots of sanding and noise outside before the house owners/visitors come. Already it is hot which means the crazy gardener is here more than I care to endure. Already people are coming. Got to get it done while I have the space and privacy so when the house is full I'm down in my hole working.

A few weeks ago Tod dismantled his ugly desk and we removed the large rug (prefurnished digs) which led to more inspiration for a simpler, cleaner living area. Soon as I can come up with found objects for a desk I'm dismantling the ugly desk I use, courtesy of the last care taker here. We continue our thoughts about living with less although honestly other than computer stuff and art stuff I'd be lucky to fill a carload, as well as living with ease. [by that I mean cutting the distractions and paying attention to what is important to us]

Compared to most people we are freaks, yet we don't fall into the category of communal types even if we would like to live somewhere that shared vehicles and resources. We are both searching for ways to be able to make a living while being creative. That Garbage Warrior Documentary continues to inspire us. We are still not into the whole green this and green that at least not in the Al Gore sense. I think I can speak for Tod too when I say that what calls to us is being creative, and being so in a way that is challenging and engaging to us as well as to others. For whatever crazy reason we both love driving around and finding things. We like the idea of having space and time and not being beholden to the grind that the general gob of folks are beholden to. I still grapple with understanding (if it even IS understandable) how to move into the lifestyle that I feel drawn to. All I know is the more I travel on this path I know I never want to turn back.

3 comments:

San said...

Paula, there's something to be said for being freakish relative to the rank and file.

The deed is done. Arte y Pico is now ensconced on my blog and I have solemnly passed it on...

self taught artist said...

and a good deed done indeed
i should award you the freest easiest going blogger :)

Daphne said...

Can hermits create a commune? Seriously,you are among many living in a way that isn't really working for them. The difference with you is that you are seeking out something that will work for you.