1/30/08

scraps

Like a tiny heartbeat that will not die, I still manage to keep my eyes open for scrap opportunities. Saw someone post on freecycle a few bags of nuts and bolts so I went for it. I don't like buying and using new hardware if I can help it even if it is a challenge to find a pair that fits and isn't so rusty that I can't screw the nut on.

Tod mentioned last night that in about six weeks the taxi biz will die off, the tourists will peter down to nothing and the drivers will be fighting like feral animals for scraps of work. Indeed it has already slowed down and tips are dwindling as well. Oh well, hopefully I'll use that time to get some work done. I've given up getting anything done for the show in a few weeks but hope to have something for the May show. I keep going in my studio and laying things out, trying to find the perfect assemblage pieces for my photography. I'm more obsessed with driving the cab to tell the truth. I'm crawling out of my poverty cave slowly but surely and as if an invisible bit is in my mouth I feel the tug of the bridle guide me back into the world. Scraps of cash. Scraps of time. Scraps of life all piecing together into yet another reality.

7 comments:

Misplaced said...

http://misplacedinthemidwest.blogspot.com/2008/01/finally-something-exciting-is-happening.html

your chance to ask a real live French woman questions

Matt

self taught artist said...

since i know you i will forgive you the spam like comment that had nothing to do with my post

Iggi Art said...

Nice work, to creative, to cool... you´re very ingenious, my work have a droph of this jaja... i don´t know, if you have time, please visit my own gallery on

www.iggiart.blogspot.com

Nellie's Needles said...

...and all those scraps can come together to form an amazing something(s) ... especially in an artist's hands.

San said...

Scraps of cash. That's what we beg for this time of the year in SF. Talk about no tourism.

sarala said...

Go for it. Glad you care about scrap again.

Karen said...

Glad to hear your artists mind is on GO again! Enjoy the creative process. Looking forward to seeing what comes of it.