1/22/08

realtors and art

It's nice to think I haven't lost all my readers. Thank you for the comments! I have to wonder if this is even an art blog at this point, maybe I will have to morph it into a taxi blog. As I write this, literally, three strangers just walked into my space, behind my body as I type. (the realtor telling the trio that this would make a great room for the kids to hang out in...NO IT IS WHERE THE CARETAKERS LIVE) And now they are in my art studio. I feel completely exposed and violated. Not to mention sick. I have to wonder what the reason is behind me not having art space anymore. I know for sure that I'm not going to be making art anytime soon....the long days and nights of being on call and driving are not conducive to getting into the zone. And I know if I have to move I will have to throw out all of my scrap/found objects and possibly art. Am I supposed to be a cab driver now? I guess I am.

9 comments:

sarala said...

Egad! It is good to see you back posting. I mourn your lost art time and studio. I'm sure the realtors have to be rough too.
Sorry I've not been by. A bit burnt out myself. Rough winter for us both.

Nellie's Needles said...

NO!

BlueJude said...

I have wondered, over the past few months, that IF we have to sell our house, what the H*&* am I gonna do with all my art stuff? Sooo, I can so realte. And you are still an Artist, and nothing can change that-even driving a cab. NOW come by my blog and pick up the award that awaits you. Hope you have a peaceful day!

San said...

I feel very territorial regarding my personal space too. I too would feel uncomfortable, but I know there are other kinds of personalities (my husband for one) who just roll with this kind of thing. I envy that.

AND I once knew a brilliant painter in San Francisco who did drive a cab as his day job. And he still managed to do great art. He was the kind who could just roll with it all. Stereotypical laid-back Californian.

Hope you'll have a chance to read my belated comment on your previous post.

Be safe on those roads...

self taught artist said...

san yeah got the comment
i know it could always be worse
and everyone has their shit to deal with. i guess i was born with defective peace genes. i never get peace and quiet for long. and maybe i'm not supposed to be using power tools anymore. maybe i'm just supposed to drive humans around and observe others enjoying life. oops i got sarcastic. sorry.

david mcmahon said...

Came here from San's place. Nice irreverent tone to your writing. Are you perchance related to me?!!!

Karen said...

Doesnt it just suck that you/me/most artists need that day job..... I will be thinking of you driving taxis while Im out there delivering the mail. just where the heck is that winning lottery ticket anyway.
I see that my favorite work was sold ( the one that looked like a metal fern ) Congrats!

self taught artist said...

thanks karen, it felt great to sell that one and it was because tod referred a taxi fare to the gallery!...man i keep forgetting to buy a ticket!

The Lovin Cup Coffee Blog said...

depending on the timing of things, you can box your scrap stuff and store it in my barn. keep it in mind.