12/4/07

blog article


I can't speak for anyone else, but I do know that writing a personal blog isn't always comfortable. There are plenty of days I want to delete it all, days I feel vulnerable and like I have written a bunch of crap that no one wants to read. Comments from readers are usually the thing that keeps me from pressing the delete button. I wouldn't take the time to do this if no one read it ya know? I've done journals before, this isn't that.

So when I get comments I know I'm not just writing for the cosmos. I forget I have 'lurkers'. People who read my blog but rarely if ever comment. I'm a lurker myself on many blogs, I can't say why I don't comment, but I am glad everyday when I have a chance to go to those blogs and catch up on their doings.

Having said that, I was recently contacted by Gigi of the roadside scholar blog. She has left a few comments here and there but I had no idea she had a blog since her name wasn't linked to her blog on the comment. Anyhow, she asked if she could write an article about me. I was completely blown away by her post today. Thank you Gigi, I am touched beyond belief by your awesome writing and for giving my art such attention! You can see the article here.

By the way, I was reading her about me page and am even more impressed by her tenacity and love of/for the creative spirit. Hats off to you Gigi!

8 comments:

kate said...

I was just reading through your recent blog posts when I read this post - I then went and read the Roadside Scholar's article. It is a wonderful article - Gigi has caught the spirit of your work and your passion so well in words!

I love the library post ...

Daphne said...

P!- I read the post about you and Gigi wrote about you and your work with the right spirit. I haven't read your artists statement in ages, but Gigi wrote things that would be an amazing addition to it- she wrote about you in a way that was straightforward but exposed your passion.

Congratulations!

Nellie's Needles said...

That's a well written and a well deserved post about you and your art. I'm honored to actually own and be able to touch one of your creations.

self taught artist said...

I agree with everyone, it's a fantastically written post. I'm still in shock!
thanks for the nice comment on her blog Nellie :)

San said...

Paula, I am pleased that Gigi wrote what she did. You and Gigi, you rock! I ALWAYS enjoy reading your blog, Paula, and now I've discovered another great one...

gigi_leonard said...

oh my stars paula! thank you for the very nice article here and thanks again to you for exposing your deepest and most authentic feelings and opinions here in this space. i can only hope that what i wrote on my post makes sense and that whoever reads it can see the how earnest you are, and the heart you put into what you do. i hope you keep reaching and striving and achieving - you can do amazing things. keep up the good work! :)

self taught artist said...

gigi
even if no one ever saw the article, what you wrote was so wonderful it did me a world of good.
good luck to you too, i'll be watching :)

Lynda Lehmann said...

I love your honest self-disclosure in this post!

Now I'll have to go read that article!

Lynda from Peripheral Vision