10/27/07

more of the finds (gifts)

Today was much more enjoyable. Even with little to no sleep and all that worry. Writing about worrying made me realize I at least do something instead of just worry. I get off my ass, I break up the paralyzing thoughts and move on. Sometimes worry serves me well, when I just let the thought pass, feel some concern and then do what I can. Worry probably isn't even a good word to use. None-the-less, I have everything cleaned and tucked into it's new box, on a shelf, in it's new place along all my other scrap. I get initially freaked only because this isn't my house and it always feels like I have just made another bet in some life or death card game. Ultimately I die but in the meantime I would like to win a hand or two just once.

I won big time this week I guess. Look at the book the guy gave me! This will be invaluable even if I don't get it all. It has plenty of pictures and that works for me. Below are some cool rusty rings, also gotten that day. These are equally invaluable. You can't just go find these things anywhere ya know. Highly coveted objects for sure. I also obtained an old router, no clue how to use it and it will need bits(?), but now I have a book that will help me understand for what I would use a router for. Maybe I will make my own little saw horses so I can start using my saws. Giddy up!



8 comments:

Shelby said...

you've got projects of projects... and what a great big book :)

San said...

A surfeit of possibilities, Paula...those rings are itty bitty sculptures in and of themselves.

self taught artist said...

those rings are sculptures aren't they, I only have eight and I'm afraid to waste them. i covet the strangest things.

lee said...

hi Paula,
thank you very much for the comment on the new one, it only an underpainting yet though, i have to let it dry completely for a few months before i can finish it. your stuff is still brilliant, i love comming by here to see the sculptures, there so unique and beautiful. , i think San is right, the rings are sculpture in themselves but you'll only make them better !.
best wishes
john

lee said...

hi again Paula,
very true, i never really realized that i havent writen much over the time i got the blog up, i must though- i'm not very private at all, and i do write as well, i'd be a bit like brendan behan though, more just observations of the grand condition (the people condition) i'll post more stuff too ;) no more four month stints. i must link you too by the way- do you have a myspace account ?
best wishes
john

lee said...

Ah pity you d'ont have one. myspace can be a bit odd but anyway its good for artists to show case bits and pieces. my link is http://www.myspace.com/leesque I think that link works. Whats your blog catalog address ? i got one of those accounts. ...............

kate said...

I love the way you are constantly picking up new stuff ... it takes a lot of energy to do this. I'm curious to see how you use the rings. They are cool ... and I need to write you an email. Talk about pms!!

Daphne said...

hi, i'm back!

I think the rings would go on double doors,one on either side, and then someone would put a chain through them and a lock...

They look like butterflies a bit.