10/17/07

found


Went to the grocery store in Morrisville and noticed signs for free stuff/moving sale popping up all around a house. Looks like another farmer packing up and retiring to Florida. The sale had been going on for five days and now it was all free stuff. I saw these things and instantly thought table sculpture stands some day. The guy mumbled something about 'rings' and went and got me a horse shoe too. All of those silver rings on the right were on the pieces and came off easily. No clue what these things are but they are beautiful and another unique find for my collection of baubles. They are washed and drying, soon to be stuffed in the basement.
*someone in the know emailed me and said that those things go on the bottom of a plow rig, the rings adjust the height otherwise the plow would dig in too much. thanks for the info!

8 comments:

San said...

What a find! I look forward to seeing what magical creations will sit atop them...

Daphne said...

Ooh how nice to get new fodder.

Yes, those will be awesome for stands. You could even use to for a wider stand...

Shelby said...

cool stuff!! and free too :)

Tori said...

It is awesome coming across free stuff and free stuff that is cool is even better.
Hope you are well.

Karen said...

It is always so much fun to find free treasures! Your collecting quite a stash of goods to create with. Looking at these and the bulk involved makes me glad to be working in fiber. My stash fits in one large plastic bin!

Bob Johnson said...

What, I don't see any paint can lids in your grouping, cool stuff anyways.

kate said...

I have a hunch that you'll be finding a use for these new goodies in no time! I thought puzzle head stands when I first saw them!

You have a knack for scouting out lots of cool stuff...

Have a good weekend!

self taught artist said...

yes kate, puzzle stands was my first thought!
bob, i'm waiting for you to send me some :)
karen...no kidding, i could probably open my own scrap yard in a couple of years. shipping is easier for a quilt too i'll bet!