10/29/07

blowing a fuse

I finally got up the courage to use the table saw and instead, it blew a fuse. Of course all of the other outlets in the garage work after re-tripping everything but not the one closest to where all my power tools plug in. So I got an extension cord out and blew that fuse. Re tripped that one and it works but not the one I need. Wonder why when the welder dude turned it on and showed me how to cut things it was fine? It is one of those days I feel like I will never have anything ever just work normally. This is how it goes, this is life...everything works just enough to keep me from exploding. So I have a table saw that doesn't work without blowing fuses. A huge radial arm saw that has nowhere to sit and needs adjusted but no clue how to do that. A drill press that is always getting stuck and having the chunk where the drill bit attaches fall out when I'm drilling something. A wobbly scroll saw. A sparky skil saw. A stereo that has speakers that tune in and out and drives me insane. I think I am realizing a little too late that while it is nice to have used materials for my art assemblages, having used tools isn't such a good idea. I can't stand that I've wasted valuable time and $$ on less than stellar tools.

5 comments:

San said...

OK, so now we know--it's the stereo speakers that drove you over the edge. I thought you were just naturally nuts. But it's environmental. Now if I could just figure out what caused my own condition.

self taught artist said...

if i weren't crying today that would have made me laugh

Chelle said...

Just an off the wall thought - has the furnace been turned on between the time the welder guy showed you how to use the saw and now? Our first apartment (a tale in and of itself) was wired really weirdly. We couldn't use more than 2 burners if the oven was on, and if the dryer or washer was running then turning on the oven would trip the breaker.

Hope you figure out how to get things working.

self taught artist said...

thanks for the thought chelle, the garage has five outlets and all work now after pressing a reset button except the one that i use. Even the other one that I blew works fine. Nothing else was on that I am aware of (we keep it cold here trying to save them them.

self taught artist said...

save them money, not save them them