8/29/07

I realized that Mia Farrow, Brad Pitt, and Angelina Jolie are doing great things in the world so I'm going to let my Darfur angst chill out. As another blogger recently wrote: 'I can't fix the world I can only fix myself.' I can't even take care of myself yet so how am I supposed to help a nation?

Meanwhile lots o happenings going on at the house (a wedding is taking place on the property this weekend so the place is abuzz with tree choppers and the gardeners' crew. A tent and catering soon to come) It's only going to get worse as the weekend nears so I doubt I will be around. I'm going to stay at a friends house, also out in the boonies and think I will try to amuse myself with pens, graphite, and paper. Have a nice holiday everyone!

4 comments:

Tori said...

Yes- I am trying to come to terms with just fixing myself and that THAT is a huge thing to give the world.
I hope you have some piece and quiet this weekend.

Shelby said...

and happy holiday to you my friend :)

Clare said...

Hi! Getting out of town sounds like the perfect thing -- and the boonies will have lots of photo and drawing ops with critters and cool objects to be found. I hope you have a really nice time. And happy drawing, too!
:)

kate said...

So true about fixing ourselves ... some of us learn that the hard way.

I hope you enjoy your time in the wilds and that pen, graphite and paper keep you much amused.