2/25/07

Nine Layers to Marilyn



I just got an email from a friend and I want to share the part that is relevant. Thank you for this note, as always, I feel like I learn more each time when someone shares their thoughts and experiences about art. It gives back to me in ways I cannot begin to explain.


"In thinking about your comments in your blog - re what the hell is it all about - art, artists - (who knows?) i thought of your Marilyn and the fact that her image has been saturated into our culture and the world for more than 50 years by the countless times -yet one more was apparently needed for the collector who had the world of art to chose from - to see her and need to have that. That one more image. Weren't there enough? Why one more? That act tells me what art is about - to see things anew. That's what artists are doing for us. Thanks for being one of them!!!!!!!!!!!"

No comments: