1/20/13

friends

in the last post i wrote you can see the first lamp that i made, thanks in part to my online art friend mike of destructive testing. he encouraged me to make lamps and even sent me two lamp making kits last summer!  he also sent ME a lamp he made from a found object that i sent him (i found it in the streets and felt it would be a perfect mike lamp and it is!) and a few days ago he sent me another lamp!  the little one on the left is my newest from him and it makes me smile.


i have another friend online that has sent me over the course of the last 6 months two or three packages of goodies to make things with.  i have made a few pendants and more recently i made this flower.  i love that i didnt know what the object was that she sent me until one day when i looked at the back of a truck, i saw on each side of the lic. plate these little bulbous things that were exactly what she sent me!  and when i started playing with the piece it came apart into two pieces and inside was a bulb.  i removed the bulb, added a wide washer put the two pieces back together and wahla...a flower!


available here

i've had so much support from artists over the last few years.  during the end of the year i have had some tools break, one i have yet to replace just because i'm not ready to spend the money (my saw i use to cut pipes), but the other tool, my dremel.... an online artist sent me their spare and another artist then went and bought me a brand new one that was variable speed (the other one wasnt variable and it is now MY stand by )

many have bought my work, sent me 'junk' and been supportive and more importantly given me their friendship.  i still have my art patron support for rent.  it really wouldnt be possible for me to keep making art and living how i do without the people in my life.  i like to think i give as much as i can to people i know in the ways that i can.  i send art to people, anyone in my real life who needs help usually gets it if i can help.  people are kinda what it is all about.  well, people and art :)

2 comments:

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

I agree, Paula--people and attatchments...

Love what you are making!

paula said...

i still have and love my lavender satchel from you ;)